TPO has emerged as the go-to roofing material for commercial roofers in Florida, including Target Roofing & Sheet Metal.
But what is TPO? It’s an acronym for thermoplastic polyolefin, a rubber-like single-ply membrane that is rolled onto a roof and adhered or mechanically attached to a structure.
GAF’s TPO roofing systems are among the industry’s best and most popular. GAF is North America’s largest roofing manufacturer and one of Target Roofing’s preferred manufacturers.
The benefits of TPO compared to other types of roofing materials include:
- Great economic value: The price per square foot of TPO roofing is priced well below other types of materials for flat roofs, including poly vinyl chloride (PVC).
- Reduced installation time: Rolling out TPO across a roof takes less time per square foot to install, resulting in a cost savings on manpower.
- Energy efficient: Reflective properties help reduce energy costs in warm, sunny environments like Florida.
- Durable and long-lasting: Manufacturer warranties generally stretch 20 to 25 years, and with regular maintenance, many TPO roofs can last even longer.
- Mold-resistant: TPO’s smooth surface, when proper drainage is in place, minimizes the opportunity for mold or mildew to grow.
TPO is ideal for flat roofs of any size, especially larger commercial buildings with significant square footage. Some of Target Roofing’s recent GAF TPO projects include 9,120 square feet at Johnson Engineering in Fort Myers, 54,128 square feet at Market Place Commons in Naples and 15,200 square feet at Northside Plaza in North Fort Myers.