By all measures, 2019 was a successful year for Target Roofing & Sheet Metal.
The company grew beyond 200 full-time employees and earned a spot on Business Observer’s list of the Top 500 companies on the Gulf Coast of Florida, and was No. 17 on the publication’s fastest-growing list. Gulfshore Business honored President Casey Crowther as a 40-under-40 recipient who has distinguished himself through exemplary leadership of the company while championing charitable causes.
In 2019, Target Roofing was accepted into the National Roofing Contractors Association, a 3,500-member organization that serves as the voice of the roofing industry. Other recent awards and honors include being certified as a Silver Star Contractor by CertainTeed, winning the Triple Excellence Award from GAF and being named a Readers’ Choice Award winner by the Florida Community Association Journal.
“We are excited about the company’s growth and performance in 2019, and certainly appreciate all of the professional accolades and awards,” Casey said. “But I’m probably more excited about the difference our company and our employees – both on and off the clock – have made in this community.”
Target Roofing and its employees have supported many causes over the years, prompting Gulfshore Business to recognize Target Roofing in its “Companies that Care” profile of businesses and employees that selflessly give back to the community. Other charitable efforts in 2019 include:
- Lee BIA Builders Care: Target Roofing replaced the roof for a disabled North Fort Myers man, the latest in a series of pro bono roofing projects (see coverage from ABC7, The News-Press and Cape Coral Daily Breeze). In December, Builders Care named Target Roofing as its 2019 Contractor Partner of the Year while Casey was inducted onto the organization’s Board of Directors.
- Community Cooperative: Target Roofing provided financial support to the organization and its employees helped distribute meals and boxed foods to veterans and their families at the Lee County VA Healthcare Center, and also assisted with Community Cooperative’s “Full Plates Project” at Thanksgiving.
- Hurricane Dorian relief: Target Roofing employees spearheaded a collection to round up donations for victims of Hurricane Dorian, and Casey personally chartered an airplane to hand deliver relief supplies directly to Freeport on Grand Bahama Island.
- Florida Gulf Coast University: The company offered financial support and its expertise to FGCU’s new Construction Management degree program.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida: Dozens of sick and injured youth were going to spend Easter at the hospital, so the Target Roofing team brought stuffed animals, toys and the Easter Bunny to the hospital to spread some cheer.
- Law Enforcement: Target Roofing sponsored a friendly game of basketball between Dunbar High School students, local deputies and police officers, helping to build bridges between law enforcement and local youth.
- Bishop Verot High School: Casey is a proud graduate of Bishop Verot and returned to his alma mater to participate in Career Day. Target Roofing also is a scoreboard sponsor, and the company’s logo now presides over the school’s football field.
- Build My Future: Target Roofing team members shared their love for construction and the building industry with more than 700 students at a trade show in Fort Myers. Students were able to test out the company’s crane, try on safety gear and heat welded TPO.
Casey and Target Roofing also stepped up in 2019 to serve as a community leader, encouraging support for the local businesses, and their employees, who help this community thrive. The Naples Daily News published Casey’s guest opinion in November titled “Small Business Saturday is our opportunity to support local companies, local people.”
Want to start a new year with a new job at a company that cares? Check out our updated list of career opportunities.